Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day in the Country

 Sam and I went for walks in the forest, around the lake, across the long sweeping lawn clearing to the creek. It was a lovely day, even if the weather wasn’t perfect, it was in its less than perfect way. Cool and damp can be as perfect as sparkling and sunny.

We smoked pot and watched teev. The weather was wintery.


Lilly had the run of the house, as children seem to have now. She’s only two but boy is she loud. Why is that? The whole house has to change it’s behaviour to accommodate children? Why is that the case now a days?

Of course, it meant we couldn’t smoke pot inside, which, of course, meant we didn’t get to smoke much pot at all. Which is the real point here, of course, I like to smoke pot at Bolago, not really I do. Bugger the children, I couldn’t help but think. Bugger the children running the world!


Other than that, it was a lovely, relaxed day.


The only thing we really had to do was take Sam to say good-bye to Brian’s parents, Sam's ex boyfriend who he still lives with. Yes, he wanted to say good bye to the ex-parents inlaws. How much do you think they know? Not that I’m making any claims, my family still thinks Mark is my boyfriend.

We were supposed to be driving Aby and Lilly home with us. They were to stay until Wednesday, when they’d return to Bolago for the last couple of days of their trip.


Brian’s parents had been in Melbourne for 3 weeks, but were going home tonight, who Sam, as yet, had not seen once.

“What time did you say their flight left?” I asked as the clock struck 7pm.

“Midnight.”

“Won’t they have to be at the airport 3 hours before that?”

“I guess.”

“And it will take us an hour to get home, even if we left right now.”

“Oh,” said Sam. “We have to leave, don’t we.”

“That we do, pumpkin.”


Aby was in the shower with Lilly, so she said it was okay, she’d come down with Luke tomorrow.

I dropped Sam off at his place to say good-bye to the relatives.

I smoked cigarettes with Shane. Bad Christian.

I sat up watching TV until late.


No comments: