Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Fuck Off Kid

Where I work now they provide lunch in the dining room for whoever wants it. It's nice.

Today some woman bought in her 3 year old, 4 year old, 5 year old, I don't know, kid who made a high pitched “Woo, Woo, Woo,” noise continually for the whole time I was trying to relax and eat my lunch. It was like trying to eat with a fire alarm sounding constantly.

The mother made the vaguest attempts to quieten the kid down. She said his name half-heartedly 3 times, as she chatted away to the other staff, essentially ignoring the little monster. She seemed to know the people in the dining room, despite me having never seen her before. She clearly didn't care who the kid disturbed as long as she could have a break from him.

The little brat wandered over to me, next to the main door, with his toy car/boat/plane, or whatever it was, in his hand, still “woo woo woo’ing.” It is me or you kid, I thought. So I got up and opened the door for him and out he went, just like that.

Finally it was quiet. Lovely, I thought. Peace.

His mother was really upset when she discovered where he was, out in the car park with the cars coming and going. As upset as I was by her brat’s constant noise, as I tried to eat my lunch? Maybe? Maybe not? But at least it was quiet.

No comments: