Saturday, July 19, 2014

Think Tank

I was lying in bed this morning wondering what the general public, and more importantly what the American public, would think if it came out that the American Government was behind 9/11, and that it was George Bush’s government that flew those aeroplanes into the World Trade Centre. You know, as you do on a Saturday morning.

I was thinking about the theories behind this line of thought. Were such theories so far fetched? The conservative side of politics and big American business needed to smash human rights and personal liberties and freedom of speech and the more and more powerful, increasingly inconvenient, left side of political thinking, as they got in the way of the morally bankrupt conservative big business side of society. “They” needed a big event to shut up all the do-gooder bleeding heart liberals and their increasing influence over society once and for all.


And if you look at what has happened since, they were successful  State's rights trump individual rights, which I guess they always did, but now the general public even seems to even agree with it. Surveillance wins no question over individual's privacy and civil liberties have been greatly lessened.

I was thinking of a name for the book and the movie and I came up with Think Tank and then Conservative Think Tank. Maybe, Think Tank was punchier, I thought.

Sam had already got up and I wondered what time it was and how late I had lay in bed thinking this stuff and I looked at my Nike Fuel band and guess what time it was? I kid you not, 9.11.

No comments: