Friday, May 11, 2018

Oh Jasus, I said Yes To Work?

It was cold and it hasn't stopped raining all day. Since last night, really. Of course, the news said it was going to be a down pour, batten down the hatches, we are in for it!!!!! Surprise sudden chilliest, despite it being just a few weeks until winter. What the fuck was the news on about, it is not January, I mean to say. The coldest day since last August, what, last winter? Really, the news really needs to have a long hard look at itself.

Translation, we were going to get some rain.

Midday. Sam decided not to face the rain to go out to lunch, so I got my own and he got his delivered in to the office.

Then there was only one thing to do, put on a Hugh Grant movie, Music and Lyrics. Open fire. Tuna on toast. A coffee. On the couch with a blanket.


Oh yes, Jesus fuck me Christ, I seem to have agreed to some work. I had fallen asleep on the couch reading my book wrapped in blanket with the cat on my lap. I was still in that stars in the eyes phase, delirious, some might say, when Beck, my old boss called and wanted to know if I wanted to do some work. So, of course, I said yes, anything for Beck. But, as it turned out, she is leaving and she wants me to work in her office when she has left. And I am realising what I have said yes to as she explains. I am sure, if you had been watching me, my eyes would have been getting bigger and bigger and bigger as I am realising my mistake.

And Sam is going home to visit the folks and I am not going, I don't do parents. Well, I do do parents if required, but on this occasion I am not. So, I am going to be unsupervised for two weeks well, you know I have a potfest planned. Well, it is directly after that, during June.

And dear god, I had said yes. Nyr. I'll do it for a bit, it is good to get out of the house sometimes, it is good to go out there and reacquaint oneself with the freaks. But I won't be doing it for long, you can count on that. 

No comments: