Sunday, July 22, 2018

Winter Sun

The winter sun shone all day, warm and bright, touching my skin, the sparkle getting in. I felt the thrill. Like wearing heated milk in a glass, or honey that is runny, warmed over a flame. The blue sky was stretched out overhead, a perfect tile, enamel blue, not one cloud spoiling the hue. A glorious day. Winter, as it may. Gorgeous. Sublime. Happiness in time. How Sundays should be.

Fun was had by all. Me, Sam, Buddy got a wash and a run in the park chasing his ball. Well, chasing another dog's ball. Bud doesn't like his own balls, if you'll excuse the expression. We went out for lunch in between all of that. I moved the indoor plants around, time for a change, or just a re-arrange. I cooked pineapple muffins. Sam cooked pork. Milo slept all day in the sun, as cats do.

I love lazy days that drift away as all Sundays should. Its good.

No comments: