Thursday, August 30, 2018

Witches Tit Cold

I waved Sam goodbye before 8am. Day to myself. I love Thursdays.

It was a freezing day, though, but we were nearly out of fire wood, and I wasn’t sure when we’d be getting any more, so I put on an extra jumper instead of lighting a fire. I still had cold toes. It wasn’t the same thing.

Despite the theory of getting a load at the end of winter so it dries out completely over summer, I’d let the wood get low, it had been getting warmer. Okay, I’m slack.


And then big wog boy (some people may think that that expression is an insult, but it isn’t in the gay community. In fact, it is a compliment, desirable, if anything) who usually delivers my wood, couldn’t do anything until Tuesday. He was only delivering tomorrow and then he was away all weekend. I reckon he’d taken the weekend off due to the warmer weather – out snorting cocaine with mates, up the snow, or something. I have no idea what he was doing, of course, but I have found that is what big (he is big and muscular,) wog boys like to do on their days off – and then the cold snap caught him out. (Am I over thinking it?)

It has been warm, it really has. (You got to love some aspects of global warming) I really thought I could feel spring coming in, dare I say even a hint of summer to come, but suddenly it got cold these last few days. Bitterly, witches tit cold, surprisingly.

We ate leftover Japanese curry for lunch with fried egg.

It was cold all day and wet.

The first day of my weekend always feels great. Calm. Relaxed. Nothing to do. How life should be. I headed down to Smith Street to put my TattsLotto on. I need a Porsche, a beach house and 5 million dollars. I sniffed around the op shops. I bought a George Michael single.

I tried to organise firewood in the afternoon without much luck.

I made a banana cake with the bananas I had stolen from work. We get a fruit basket every day and I took bananas on Monday but forgot to eat them, so instead of leaving them on my desk at the end of the day I threw them in my bag and took them home. So, on Wednesday when the fruit bowl was replenished, I took more bananas, but this time with the intent of taking them home. Yes, okay, it is hardly in the spirit of the fruit bowl, but it is a once off, I won’t be taking bananas every week.

We ate fried rice for dinner.

I stayed up until midnight writing my Other Blog.


No comments: