Monday, July 08, 2019

Dreams

I was awake at 5.00am, I’d been having dreams.

I was watching teev with somebody, I think it was Sam, when young Norbert came in to check the cricket scores. (Young straight guy, a son character)

“You don’t mind if I turn it round, do you?” His attitude was that I would just agree, it was the cricket after all.

“Actually,” I said. “I’m watching this.”

“Oh… I see, well there is no need to be like that.”

“Like what?”

“Get all 'thing' about it.”

“All 'thing'?”

“Get all pissed off.”

“I’m not pissed off.”

“I was only asking.”

“I know you were… only… asking.” He was clearly pissed off about it.

He took out his phone and dialled. The other end answered. He started a conversation. He was talking loudly.

“Hey, Norbert,” I said. “Could you take that in the other room?”

He looked over his shoulder as if he’d made an attempt to find another room, and that was that, he kept talking.

“Hey, Norbert…”

“I’m on the phone,” he said angrily.

“Okay, okay.” I stopped. Spoilt, white, male not used to not getting his way. I looked back at the TV, as Norbert carried on a loud conversation, seemingly louder than it really needed to be, we all got that. I had a quiet laugh to myself, being careful not to let it show. I had no idea what the TV program I was watching was all about.


No comments: