Saturday, November 07, 2020

My Own Movie Channel, You've Gotta Love That

I’d uploaded the rest of Sex in the City for a lot of the morning. I picked up the box set of DVDs for a couple of dollars at an opshop. The first disk of season 4 was missing, but otherwise the complete show, all 6 seasons. Soon we’ll be able to have a Sex in the City marathon.

That is something that America does right, the sitcom. You have to agree, even if you hate Sarah Jessica Parker, or Ross & Rachel, or Seinfeld, or Will, or Grace, or if you have never watched Weeds, or Breaking Bad, or Oz.

Suddenly, all my DVDs have a new appeal to me, since Sam bought a new hard drive with 10T capacity on which to store my entire movie collection – a not inconsequential collection. Attaching it to the TV has made it like Netflix, or Apple TV, or Amazon, my very own movie streaming service. It has given them all a new lease of life, a new ability to be.

I’m still incredibly pleased by the whole thing. My movies, my music DVDs, the TV series I have bought over the years – normally always from the discount bin just on the off chance – are now not just dusty plastic covers on a shelf through which I can hardly bother looking.

Now everyone of them is only the press of a button away. Cool, hey.

No comments: