Saturday, July 31, 2021

Music to The Ears

Sam was in the supermarket and Buddy, Bruno and I were waiting outside.

There was a guy playing Rod Stewart's, You’re In My Heart, to which he was playing the spoons, completely off the beat.

Like fingernails down a blackboard.

Then he played Marianne Faithful's, Ballard of Lucy Jordan, to which he played the spoons, completely off the beat, again.

Shuddering, grating, ah! (Well, um… er… I have to add a little drama, you understand) I tried to match up the two beats in my head, but it couldn’t be done.

He did better with American Pie, it has a stronger beat, I guess, but he still wandered off the beat.

I tapped it out on my leg and wondered why it was so hard?

I sang it to myself and somehow blocked his spoons out. American Pie, it is the sort of song you can sing that against all odds.


No comments: