Monday, June 27, 2022

Charlie In The Shower

Charlie literally spends an hour in the shower. Sam timed it (Just because Sam happened to have a meeting start as Charlie went to the shower [another of the perils/benefits of working from home] and the meeting last 1 hour and Charlie was still in the bathroom)

And I know I am the quick shower guy, I am just in and out. But, I think I remember as a kid, I used to spend forever in the shower. I used to just stand under the water motionless just feeling the water on my skin, the warm fluid massaging my pores, just thinking about life, truthfully just thinking about nothing, staring at my feet, the floor, motionless. I’d do the cradle the baby, catching the water until my arms were full and then letting it splash to the floor. Then I’d be back to the stillness, the warmth, the gentle shiver done my spine at the ‘aloneness,’ as the time ticked away seemingly unnoticed. Not caring. Only ever really feeling anything outside of myself if the hot water ran cold.

In a way, it is nice to be reminded of such times. In a way.


No comments: