Sunday, June 19, 2022

It Makes As Much Sense As The Other Story


Oh, sorry, I couldn't help myself. It was a t-shirt that I miss read, actually. It made me laugh. Then my mistake made me laugh more.

Well, it makes as much sense as the other story, I thought.

Let's look at the time line/details/claims.

The earth is 4.6 billion years old, give or take the lazy half billion years.

The first life on earth were microbes 3.7 billion years ago.

The dinosaurs lived for approx. 200 million years, something like 200 million years ago.

Humans have lived for the last 200 thousand years.

So, what are the claims?

God created the world.

He created man in his own image.

He sent his only son to earth to, now this is the bit that makes the least sense of all, to have him killed for what? Um? Forgive us for our sins? (What is this crap?) Why didn't he just forgive us? [the way we reproduce our species was the biggest sin of all to one of the avenues of thought? I'm looking at you catholics... Huh? I'm still not sure if I understand that one fully?]

Anyway. What? He created the world and then, apart from the microbes and the dinosaurs, he held off for 4.5 billion, 800 million years before he got to his own image... what?

Now, if you believe all of that, I have some beach front property in the Simpson Desert you may well be interested in buying? It comes with a nice flock of goats.


Since man is unlikely to be here much longer than 200,000 years, the way we are going, and since microbes were around for 1 billion years and dinosaurs 200 million years, it seems logical to extrapolate that god is either a microbe, or a dinosaur... if you believe the made in his image bullshit stuff.


No comments: