Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Someone is in the Backyard

I have a second car that lives in my back yard which I keep covered with a car cover.

It has had the same car cover for quite a few years, a nondescript grey one, which has been over the car for a while longer than it really should have.

I have tried to buy a new cover at various times but the auto accessory shops only ever seem to stock large car covers, guessing that has something to to with people driving larger cars, I guess 4WDs.

In fact, the existing car cover is too big as I had the same problem when I bought it. It drags on the ground and the bottom section of it gets covered in dirt when it rains and it gets pissed on by Buddy and Bruno regularly.

I've been to a number of shops, and it always seems to be the same story. "I'm sorry, we seem to be out of stock of the smaller car covers."

Of course, Sam found one online immediately upon looking and it was delivered 2 days after he ordered it. (funny how physical shops continually complain about online sellers)

The new cover is predominantly black, but it has red and blue accents on the corners.

I don't know how many times the red and blue have caught in my peripheral vision looking like the sleeves on a sports jacket, or a ski jacket, (considering our weather of late) making me think momentarily, I'm not ashamed to say with a start, that there is someone in the back yard. There have been a number of times where I've done a double take.

Funny the way your mind works.


No comments: