Friday, August 05, 2022

Five Days A Week

I've been sucked into working 5 days this week, fucking Boris. Oh yes, you go overseas and have a nice time, Botswana, no, that’s not right? It begins with B and I can never think of it. Yeah good onya.

I mean, I wouldn't have anything to complain about if I'd said, yes, I will fill in for you, but I didn't. I actually said no straight up. “No thank you.”

And yet, here I am.

"Christian will do it, he knows how to do my job," I can just hear them. What is the implication, I'm too spineless to stand up for myself?

And yet, here I am? 😬

It is like the week that never ends, working 5 days. I understand why the population is so pissed off if this is what they go through all week. I'm exhausted. 

(companies are making record profits and they can’t pass any of that onto the workers in higher wages of shorter hours, it’s a crime)

And now I have resorted to eating Cheezels in the kitchen because I have done all my work and I am bored, which is really stupid, because if I was home having my day off I wouldn't be bored and I wouldn't be bored eating. I mean, it is all the same with working from home, except for the perception of what I should be doing, am doing.

What does Boris do all day? I've done all the stuff she left for me to do, above and beyond what I agreed to. And here I am with nothing to do at lunch time?

Oh well 😬

Bud and Bruno cuddle up with me, and a bag of Cheezles, on the couch in front of the teev watching my car renovation YouTube channels before we stop for lunch.

I go get Japanese for Sam, Charlie and me.

Sam heads back upstairs for his day of meetings, Charlie heads to his room.

Then it is back to YouTube for me, Buddy and Bruno. And a nice warm blanket pulled over the 3 of us. Well, no, pulled over me, but I do love the picture of me and the bulldogs wrapped up in a blanket together.

Happy Friday.

I intermittently check my emails during the afternoon, I think I got two, and non urgent at that.


No comments: