Friday, August 26, 2022

Leaking Good Intensions

I’m sure all this rain is good for someone, but I have a leaking roof and I just seem to have been rendered incapable of organising to get it fixed.

A few years ago, I had another leak and I got one guy to come and fix it, and it made no difference. Then I organised for a second guy to come, and he, actually, made it worse.

Sam got up there with a hose and sprayed water around and we worked out what was wrong and we fixed it ourselves.

I’d give this one a go myself, but it is on the second floor and it’s guttering, I think, so it is really close to the edge of a long drop down, and I am scared of heights. (I’m sure I never was as a kid, it is something I have acquired as an adult. I guess, it comes from learning how precarious life really is) Which is annoying, but what can you do?

Now, all I seem to do is dither, finding people on line, but then not acting as I assume, unless proven otherwise, that they will be crap. Then I get anxious about the damage to the house. And it becomes a circular thing. It sounds pathetic, I know, that’s because it is.

How do you find an honest, capable, tradesman to fix your roof?


No comments: