Thursday, January 19, 2023

Blood Tests and Damaged Car

I go for a blood test early. It's an annual thing, cholesterol, prostate cancer, blood sugar, liver function, signs of life. Fasting blood tests are always best done first thing in the morning, I find, just get them over and done with. It makes sense.

When I get there right on opening time, I'm third in line. First in line is already in the chair, naturally. Second in line, is a 30 something in tight shorts with good legs who acknowledges my existence in absolutely no way. I don't have to wait long, it's just a couple of vials each.

 

I go to the police station afterwards, wondering if visiting the police station is a good idea when I might be 'hangry' even as I walk in? But no, it was fine. I see a female police office, she seems nice. She takes my details. When she comes back, she implies, deliberately, or not, that Mr Handsome may not have, even, finished writing up my report. I presume this was the reason I hadn't heard anything further.

Oh well, good thing I checked, she's following it up. And somebody will be in touch with me shortly.

Shrug.

I come home and eat porridge with banana and honey, and drink coffee. The coffee tastes extra good, having had to wait for it. But I am a caffeine addict, I admit it.


No comments: