Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday

We walked down the Yarra with Bruno. It was much cooler today.

He's not one for showing enthusiasm for walks, but car rides, he loves them.

We go late morning. There are no car spots where we like to park, just near the bridge, so I drop them off. I park back on the main street outside the Salvos. Sam and Bruno have already crossed the bridge and have headed up the track by the time I catch up to them.

It is a nice day, much cooler to yesterday, but the sky is blue and the sunshine dappled along the river.

A couple comes walking towards us, she is carrying a small white fluffy dog.

Bruno jumps up on a lady and scratches her leg when he is trying to look at the white fluffy dog she is carrying. 

She leans down and rubs it, wincing. We apologise. She shrugs it off and keeps walking. 

Sam tut tutts when I say that I should have said, “You see luv, if you let your dog walk like a fucken dog rather than carrying it like a fucken handbag, Bruno would never have jumped up.” 



We did some grocery shopping.

It is a very mild, cool day. I have on jeans but I could easily have worn shorts. I sit on the ground with Bruno outside the shops while Sam does the shopping. There are plenty of strapping guys in shorts heading into the shops. And the angle from where I am sitting... all those beefy butts.

There are many people with dogs walking past. Lots of people comment on how cute Bruno is.

I make an apple cake. It sinks in the middle dramatically. I forgot with this recipe I just need to put the apple pieces around the outside on the top, then they sink down evenly. 

The rest of the weekend drifts away into a soft finish.


No comments: