Wednesday, November 08, 2023

2nd and Last Day Of The Week

Everybody is annoying today, just everybody. (Oh, it is Wednesday, after all)

That doesn't include Sam, no. He came down and showed me a Tik Tok clip where he is roaring with laughter at the people in the clip's misfortune. I just love watching him laugh so much, it is one of my great joys, watching Sam laugh.

You know, it is that kind of day where you just want to find your cave and crawl inside, untouchable by the outside.

The sun is shining down beautifully, as if to mock, as if to pour petrol, as they say, on the reality of being tied to idiots with whom I work, no escape into the sunshine.

One of the big bosses, who is usually very nice, wanted personal changes made, no regard for conventions, or time frames, oh no, drop everything for him. 

Grrrr. 

Don't the rules apply to one and all?

Oh, come, come, how naive can you be, Christian. How naive?

Just because he is on 1 million a year. Special treatment? No. We pride ourselves on being an egalitarian organisation.


 Sam comes down and wants to know why I closed the back door.

"Because I have blow flies buzzing around my head."

"Oh, don't be ridiculous," he says. He goes to open the back door again.

"What?" I say. "You are going to open the back door again, and then disappear back upstairs again?"

"Yes." A smile he can't hide spreads across his face, as he realises what he is saying.

I make blow fly sounds like I am the 5th air battalion of the Luftwaffe coming for him until he closes the door again.

"Okay, okay," he says. Laughing at my idiocy. And there is that laugh again, not quite uproariously, but still lovely, making me smile.


I'm listening to Tina Turner, from her Ike & Tina Turner period.


No comments: