Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Non Stop Rain

6:35 am. I’m at the back with Otto standing in the rain while he has a wee.

I make coffee.

I sign in to work.


It's been raining for days, gently raining, no big storms, but constant, barely stopping, rain. I mean, it is Spring after all, when all the rain usually falls.

I'd just heard the weather forecasters say we were having the driest November on record, or some claim like that, and the rain started to fall.

Ha ha, those weather reporters. 😬

It really hasn't stopped for day, since the weekend. It's been constant, tinkle, tinkle, tinkle.

Everything is beginning to feel damp. I'm not complaining, just saying.

It makes it difficult to house train a puppy, getting up in the middle of the night is one thing, but having to constantly stand in the rain while I wait for him to pee, is another.

I don't enjoy getting back into bed with wet hair. Who does? Oh, some people don't care.


We drove to Essendon in the rain and the traffic, that makes you hate driving, to buy a new sound bar that Sam had bought as apart of some Black Friday discount bullshit that seems to be going for weeks rather than a day, namely, er, Friday. (The awful marketing people must have got hold of it. Why, um, just have Black Friday on one day? Why not a week, a month, of Black Friday?)

(Again, I never make the print bigger, Blogger does it randomly, so often in appropriate places)

I was supposed to be working, last day of the week and all to get things done. We were gone for a couple of hours, 2.30 to 4.30pm. I worked until 6pm, switching off when the misery hour news came on. So, they got their monies worth, me signing in early and all. So, you know, you have to love working from home, hey?

The soundbar sounds good. Sam bought his fingers to his mouth and the made star bursts with them, so I guess he is pleased with it. It is some good brand, apparently, one I'd never heard of, so that's nice, I guess.


No comments: