Friday, April 09, 2004

Airports... and Missing Them Already

I stood in the front yard on my own, at 7.20 and watched for blinking lights above the sky out over Tullamarine and wished them goodbye and wished them safe journey back to me – in the faded light, as the stars blinked at me in the milk-grey sky.

I thought I could see your aeroplane, with your faces pushed up against the window, flying away.

Bye, I said quietly to myself and I blew you kisses. One, two, three.


I rode to mum’s for brunch. I left a bit late, got caught up on emails and internet things, as you do.

I came home and read the paper and fell asleep on the couch.

I took myself off to see Monster at the Nova at 5pm.


Hey Christian,

How was Friday? "Good" I hope?

I was bored and lonely at yr home today, and my teeth were furry, so I went home.

I guess you were at your Mum's.

I've tried calling you but you aren’t there and your phone is off.

Hope you're okay!

xT


SMS. 19.43. You okay Christian? – Tom

SMS. 20.00. Hey dude, what r u up to? – Jamie.

What to do, hey? The lovely Jamie. You know, he could make good boyfriend material or at least good mate stuff, inspiring kind of company. I don’t know but, I’d have to tell Manny if I fooled around with Jamie, so at the moment I’m not going to.

Probably silly, as Jamie’s a nice guy.

I worked on Blackberries a bit, but it’s crap. Maybe I should cut the first act completely. I reckon I should. Make the beginning the second act.

Manny called and told me that he is a carrier of type 1 herpes virus. I don’t know what I think about that.

It’s 22.45, the day has just slipped away. I’m going to bed.

Mark and Luke should be landing in London about now.


I didn't tell you that I saw Kim at the airport, he dropped Perry and Wesley and Jessica (Yes, Jessica, that's right) off. He's the same nervous little pixie. When Mark asked him if he was coming in for a coffee, he said, You've got to be joking! It seemed as though he couldn't get away quick enough. He got in his car and drove away as soon as he could.

I noticed that the back panel of his car was all crunched, as he drove off, just by the way. Something's never change, hey?

christian


Ahhh Kim...

Would that he would never change again...

Tom


No comments: