Sunday, March 19, 2006

I'll Never See You Again

I was just wiping the bench, leaning over a glass of water, as I did. I stopped and moved the glass before I knocked it over. My father's words don't ring out in my ears any more, I do it automatically now, without thinking. But I think of him, every time I do it. It was the one piece of parental information that comes directly from me as a little boy and him as the father. If ever I put something close to the edge of the table, or in a stupid place. He's been dead nearly four years now. I miss him, you know. I don't think about him all the time. I think about him at the oddest moments. Suddenly. Out of the blue. And that's the time I miss him. He was the greatest man, the only one who will ever love me unconditionally... and I'll never see him again.


No comments: