Thursday, March 02, 2006

While the Cat is Away

Manny went out last Saturday night and he has had a sexy Italian, Dean, chasing him ever since. I told him to stop running, a sexy Italian is a sexy Italian, after all.

Did I mention that Manny wants to marry me, wants to live happily ever after with me. But I don't want to. To be truthful, I just don't want to with Manny.

Actually, I reckon I'd like to fall in love. I got devotion from Manny, it felt good. Now I want the real thing.

The deal is that if Manny goes out with someone else, he can't see me. (I can't speak for visa versa) I'm his back stop until he meets someone who will settle down. Oh technically he could see me as a friend. But we're hot for each other, so it doesn't work. He doesn't see me, he knows that. I'm not cheating on someone, even vicariously. Nah, it just isn't cool, if you know that a third party believes they are in a monogamous relationship. If some one potentially gets hurt in the process, it isn't real. It's not creating beautiful energy for all concerned. Have the style to pick a single one who really is yours, otherwise it just isn't going to work. It's just bad energy.

You're certainly far too self-focused and unaware, if you are pulling that shit.

All ex-partners and significant ex-relationships of friends and ex-partners are forever off-limits. I mean, this can't be an iron-clad rule, of course, you can never say never, absolutely.

But I would never actively pursue the ex-partner of a significant other. Or someone who's got a partner. That always seemed like a losing bet to me, so I never did it. It's just tacky and opportunistic. It's predatory.

The truth is that if I fell for someone else, Manny wouldn't see me for dust.

Mostly now a days, I say I'm too stoned when he calls. He doesn't drive, that's his excuse. But it never seems to stop him getting about to other places.

He has to go past my place to get to Dean, whose cheating behind his partners back, with Manny.

I'm thinking monogamy, these days. They can put up or shut up, that's my new thinking. I mean, it would be the most liberal of meanings for monogamy, lets be honest. They'd be allowed to if they wanted to, but my monogamy would mean they just wouldn't want to.

You know, as long as they aren't looking for it.

If it just happened along, out of the blue, sure, you'd be mad not to. As long as it doesn't break into my time, as long as they still turned up to where they'd previously agreed to turn up, if they had. Didn't go missing for twenty four hours, arriving back three hours after your sister's wedding, smashed, with beared burn, claiming to have got lost.

No way.

If he actually made it to the wedding, on time, when he said he would, off his face and with beard burn... that would be different. Bottom tolerance, bar lowered to it's absolute lowest, but would be acceptable. As long as, and it's a big as long as, he could pull off what he had been sooo cheeky to have thought he could. Lottie and crew would have to be none the wiser. He would have to make it to the end of the reception being charming and dashing and standing. That would win me. Quite possibly gain points. If it was the exception and not the rule, if you know what I mean.

Quietly withdraw, that's my plan now.


No comments: