Saturday, July 08, 2006

Getting it Together

I only got onto iprimus to straighten out my internet this morning. I've been working very long hours at the salt mine and haven't even had time to think about it. Last Wednesday, I changed my plan, as I'd been paying so much in excess internet fees, that I think I have paid the equivalent of the next two years connection. I guess I should start to open my mail, a little more regularly.

I tried not to think about it, as I do, as much as I hate to admit it, get ansy when my computer isn't working.

EVERYTHING went pear-shaped at work, this week, to the point that we are probably going to ditch the much maligned new system and the million dollars it cost us - got to love working for rich lawyers - and go back to the old system. Consequently, I've been working very long hours.

I did go out with my work buddies last night for E.F.Y (end of financial year) drinks, at which I got pretty pissed. When I was having a lively discussion with the beautiful Luke about literature and life - we often talk about such things and he'd make a really, really great boyfriend (I think I have a small crush) except for the pesky fact that he is straight - as I gazed into his beautiful blue eyes and looked upon his handsome, smiling face, as we propped up the bar, I had such an overwhelming urge to kiss him passionately, which I really had to fight. I kid you not. I blame it on the beer, natch. At that point, I decided it was truly time to take myself home and I did.

Aby emailed from Tassie today. Cold, she said - Aby hates the cold, having grown up in Queensland. But, she did move to the coldest part of Aus, after all. I'd knit her some mittens, if she was staying there.

But she's off to New York, any minute, with our feature script, to find us fame and fortune. She can have the fame, I'll share the fortune. She'll be popping back to Melbourne on the 21st. Cool. I must keep it free. It'll be good to see her, before she heads off on her big adventure.

Aby wanted me to redirect her mail. Bugger! I had to apologise and I hope she won't be too, too cross with me, but I had a whole pile of mail here, for just about everyone of my flaties, from the beginning of time and only yesterday, I kid you not - damn iprimus - I sent it all back return to sender. I'm really sorry, but I didn't have an address for her.

I was feeling as though my life was getting weighed down from my inaction to fix things in my life, nothing to do with any one I have lived with, all to do with me. You know, selling cars, fixing the guttering so the balcony doesn't rot any further, the lights in the atrium haven't worked for years, paying my credit card, doing last years tax, changing my internet plan, dealing with the possum that has taken up residence in my roof, cleaning the pile of newspapers and dishes, off the kitchen bench etc, etc, etc, etc and I had an uncharacteristic wave of, must get things done so I can stop worrying about them. I hadn't even opened my own letters for a month, or so - much to Tom's amazement... even more so when another friend said he was doing the same thing.

"They are all bills, Tom. There is nothing even remotely pleasant in any of those envelopes."

So I went through every thing like a tsunami and it is all cleaned up now.

The beautiful Stuart will be over to get the car soon. I said no to him moving in, much to Tom's chagrin. And I quote "Don't you know how much Stuart wants to be my boyfriend! How could you say no?"

Ah, the beautiful Stuart. I do hope that will all turn out okay, as the road worthy may take some time, consequently, he'll be driving the car around in my name for a short time. Fraught with danger, do I hear you say?

I must go and get dressed, have a shower, wash everything for Stuart - kidding. But I must go and get out of my bunny jarmies before he gets here.

I emailed Tom to say Stuart would be here in 38 minutes, his answer was,


shit!

not even I can make it over that quickly!

stall him.. do what it takes..

tell him i'm bringing over drugs to share if that helps...


Boz Scaggs sings, Pay day


No comments: