Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Why Do I Feel Like I'm Wasting My Life?

Go to work. Come home. Iron a shirt. Sleep. Go to work. Come home. Iron a shirt. Sleep. Go to work. Come home. Iron a shirt. Sleep. Go to work...


How do I take the writing thing seriously? I've got a degree in it, a part from any thing. I'm supposedly a good writer. As good as any writer, my tutors used to say. Ah, but it's the "doing it" that is the hard bit, they all used to say.

All of my friends have more faith in me than I do. "Write some thing and earn some money," they all say.

David says that if I give any energy to thinking I can't do it, then I won't. How do I gain faith in myself doing it? It still seems like a pipe dream.

I should research what is making money and chose accordingly. And just do it. A writer writes, as they say.

What do I write? I know this question is a form of procrastination, but it doesn't make it completely untrue, either.


I want to lie on JK Rollings bed with her and Oprah and Stephen King and smoke pot, reading Stephen's latest. (Or would that be proof reading my finished draft?) Then have Oprah make me promise not to tell any one, afterwards.

"I'll owe you," says Oprah.

(Do you know that the spell checker doesn't question Oprah's name)


1 comment:

RIC said...

It's just a matter of method, not of ability. But this you've known for a rather long time now... No news.
I hate ironing shirts too...