Monday, December 29, 2008

Oh Hello There

5 days in the country and I have a sore head for sure! Too much of the vino. Too much of the other stuff. Too many chocolates. Too much cake. Big smile.

The sun shone. The sky was blue. The weather was gorgeous. Hot, nicely hot. The days drift from one into another, just as it should be. Forget the time. Forget the date.

I ate. I slept. I lazed around. I watched the cricket, of all things. Pretty South African batsman, J.P. Duminy.

Friends came and stayed. We laughed. We swam.

Luke cooked lunch for 37.

I got DVD's, Doctor Who, The Lair, Rebel Without a Cause, Fatal Attraction, my present to myself. I got books, Judy Walter's Auto biography, she should have got a ghost writer, The Tales of Beedle the Bard, which was good, read in 1/2 a day. And too many chocolates.

I text Mitchell Happy Xmas, he didn't reply.

I drove up and down a few times, as my mother's dog decided to die Xmas day evening. Poor Lottie. Poor Fred. His timing was impeccable.

And all I felt like doing all day today was sleep.

Do we need holidays from our holidays?

 

No comments: