Tuesday, December 09, 2008

On the 9th Day of Summer

And today it rains...

I'm on the coffee table with my lap-top and Missy is sitting between my feet demanding attention. If she sits up on her back legs she can rub her head against my hand as I type. If it wasn't so damn annoying, it would be adorable. Not to mention that she is purring so damned loudly, looking up at me with her feline eyes hoping to sway my attention, I can hardly hear myself think. She is so soft, I think, as I intermittently pat her head, she closes her eyes and looks in bliss.

It's turned cold, who'd have thought. I'm tempted to light a fire, but I'm resisting, too indulgent. It doesn't hurt us to feel hot, feel cold, feel in between. It's okay to feel different temperatures, our worlds don't have to be kept at 21 degrees all our lives. It's good for us, makes us feel.

 

No comments: