Subject: A Hoy
Greetings from across the dutch.. Well we are both packed, sort of, Jason is intent on un packing as many things as i can pack cos im sure i will need them... Had a good sleep last night and am now just ready!!! Hurry up come on!!!! Got a couple of wee things to do this afternoon then to the airport at 3pm our time... Ok i'll see you Jane tonight and boys i'll call you from Jane’s tonight upon arrival… and chriso ill call you tomorrow afternoon and perhaps catch up for some lovely green tea or whatever if you are free? hugs n stuff,
Jules & Jase xx
I went to see the morning session of Wake in Fright, at the Nova in Carlton. It is a nice walk from Fitzroy, it really makes me feel somewhat free, doing as I please.
Wake In Fright has just been rereleased. For years, there was only one copy left of it in the world, in Ireland, which was of such poor quality it couldn’t be used for a DVD. After many years of searching, another copy was found in Pittsburgh and it has since been restored.
I love the film, with what they call its sordid realism. And any film that uses a 1959 Ford to go bush bashing, is alright with me.
I went to Threshmans afterwards to eat lasagne. I’ve always loved Threshmans, such great food. I sat in the window in the sun and read as I ate. No hurry, to do anything really. Gazing out at lovely Carlton between mouthfuls and paragraphs.
I strolled home in the afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment