Friday, July 17, 2009

But You Slept Through The Whole Thing (running down Jules)





He was drugged and raped six months ago, a date rape situation, he doesn't seem to be able to move passed it.

"I feel violated."

"It wouldn't have been very different to a usual Saturday night in Melbourne, taking drugs." (Which he'd probably have trouble remembering also)

"I was an addict."

The guy drugged him, and he passed out.

"But Jules, (this time) you were unconscious and have no memory of any of it?"

His eyes filled with tears, so I decided not to continue with that line of questioning. Too soon? Oops.

But, if you are unaware of all of it happening, how traumatic can it really be? I ask you?

Oh, yeah, I know, that I sound really hard-arsed, but, if you are generally welcoming all cumers up your arse, literally, most Saturday nights, I mean… how traumatic can it really be?

Of course, it has never happened to me, so what would I know. Ah, the sticking point, hard to get around that one. 


I just want to see him smile again. True. shake it off. Don’t go down the rabbit hole, of what you think you should feel. Don’t listen to others who put there spin on it. (Of course, by very definition, that would mean me too)

I'm not sure he ever wants to see me smile again.

It's only logical. I swear, I'd be a Vulcan, on Star Trek.


No comments: