Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Good Son

 I spent most of y'day with my mum. I made her lunch and dinner, as I'm not sure how capable she is now.  I've kind of given into it - I'll have to spend half my life looking after her. It probably won't be for very long, not in the bigger scheme. I've just got to relax, not fight it, it's much easier. We went shopping. We laughed. We told each other stories all day, sitting at the kitchen table, all washed down with tea.

She asked me questions about her disease and I gave her answers. She told me not to be rediculous and that she would never forget me. That bought tears to my eyes. She didn't remember that we'd had this question and answer session before.

Then I headed to the country, smoked pot and Watched Sex in the City. And fell asleep on the couch.

I watched a Friends marathon until late.


I woke up after midday. Lovely.

The wind blows through the gum trees, the sun shines down. Free as a bird, that's how I feel up here.


No comments: