Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Onward!

I took a big breath and thought, so far, so good. Not bad. I backed the car out and headed into the day. I had to get out, as the cleaner had arrived. Eek! I hate that. Those sorts of things should just happen, I don't have to see it. Good thing I wasn't... hand movement waist height. I was off day.

I'm sure she changes the positions of the cat's bowls around when she comes. She does it on purpose, she knows I don't like her. Every time I got on the phone, she seemed to get on the vacuum. Well, not her exactly, she's very nice, it's just the idea that creeps me out. I'm cleaner phobic, but it could be construed otherwise. David says I'm incorrigible. Anyway, I've just realised after she's gone, I'm always dumping Madam's chow in her water bowl. Right, left?

I hooked back into my sound track with Patti Austen and The Ability to Swing, in the car in Victoria Street. Every thing felt better after that song.

Onward!

I haven't felt like thinking about Sam, not since all the drama unfolded. I've kind of shut him out. That's hardly fair, huh? I guess I should text him?

Just one problem at a time, I just haven't had the energy to deal with something extraneous. Grimace. I mean that in the nicest way. Just getting through.

I go to the nursing home, there's Lottie taken up with a blind and deaf woman, she said she was telling her what was going on, on television. She said it was very nice there, despite the fact she was still going home after a week. Even if it was more of an enquiry than a demand, almost fading in it's intensity. Perhaps, it was my imagination, wishful thinking. But, she's already not quite sure how long she has been there. I guess it was all a very big drama for her, too.

She let go in the hospital, when she realised that the decision had been taken away from her. I saw a part of her fail as she gave in. My feisty, beautiful mother chose the better option meekly, she did not want to stay in that hospital. And I felt sad.

Now, there is a certain resignation. A definite bunnies-in-the-head-lights look about her.

Makes me sad.

I looked back at mum's cat gazing down at me from her back porch, like how many cats had done before her? I can count five, a tabby and a lot of black and whites, always black and white. 

I thought, as we locked eye balls, Well, I guess your tenancy is up too, little Squirt?

I’ve got all my friends worded up, if they think of my mum’s cat, they should text me and remind me, you know, just in case. You just can't forget those things, you know.

The house stinks, Shane will be impressed.


No comments: