Thursday, June 10, 2010

Why Don't You Have a Blog?

Shane said the other day that he didn't understand why I don't have a blog. Just like that, out of the blue, no prompting. Oh, we were talking about the dodgy websites I go to, as Shane likes to joke. I don't really, but Shane seems to like to believe it was so. Just because I told him that I stumbled across a woman having sex with a big white dog. Hands in the air, quizzical look. I couldn't quite believe my eyes to begin with. What  are you going to do?


And then he asked why I didn't have a blog? I was tempted to just admit it. I nearly did.


The problem is that Shane is an Administration/IT guy and he'd find it in no time flat, if I corrected his misapprehension. Not that you'd have to be an IT guy, my computer isn't pass word protected, any idiot could look at my browser history. Easy as.

It's funny, it amuses me some times, as all of my close fiends know I have kept a journal for years it's just something writers seem to do. They  have all joked how they'd be scared if ever I published it. One day I might just come out with, I do have a blog and you are all in it. You know, just to see the looks on their faces.

Not that I say anything really awful about any of them. Maybe they all think they are more interesting than they actually are. ha, ha.


I was taken a back with Shane's question though, I wasn't expecting it. I think I stumbled, momentarily, so if he'd been fishing he'd have pick up on that, but I don't think he was.


Shane drinks a bottle of red wine a night, minimum. He says he can't sleep otherwise, now we've given up sex.... um, er, that's a slip... pot.

He has bareback sex because he's positive. He's beat his meth habit, even if he always did front up for work Monday morning while he was doing it.

He has an annoying laugh, according to some.


What else can I say, you know, in case he ever reads this?


He cooks, or organises, my dinner, pretty much, every night - he has to eat because of his HIV medication, so I've got nothing but nice things to say.

Big fucken smile. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, after all, isn't that what they say? Or is that to his silence?

Besides, we've been friends for years.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

I guess it's better than asking why you dont have a big white dog.

FletcherBeaver said...

Ooo! Wouldn't it be... Don't even think about it... slimy? Ooo!