Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Change, Change, Change, My Head Was Spinning

Jack called and changed my assignments, yet again. I had the last 2 weeks in April off, lovely. I was supposed to start work again on May 01st, now, it is not until the week after next. 

I've got 2 assignments with 2 companies that were supposed to cover May and June and possibly some, if not all, of July. The 2 fitted together nicely, I should have known it was too good to be true.

Both assignments have since changed multiple times, every week since I got them. And my bank balance is heading south. Grrr! But, okay, I think I've got it. I just have to remember Monday week, the last week in May. (not the first, oh no not the 01st)

Then Jack called yesterday and asked if I could go straight into help out the company closest to home, within walking distance. They'd lost data, their systems were down, he couldn't tell me when they'd be up again, but could I drop everything and wait for the call.

The sun was shinning, my still steaming lunch was waiting on the kitchen bench for me, it was an absolutely glorious, sparkling day, the sun was shining in through the atrium's glass roof. I said, "I could absolutely go in tomorrow." We've still got plenty of time before end of month.

"Oh, tomorrow? Oh? Okay, cool," said Jack.

Well? Everybody else just seems to be serving themselves here, as I have seen over the previous 3 weeks, so why shouldn't I? Hey man, why are you spoiling my buzz? I'm cool, why aren't the rest of ya all cool? God dang it!

No comments: