Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Look at that gorgeous light

As I was driving home yesterday afternoon, I could see the Fitzroy commission flats and I could see the ugly new block of flats they are building in Collingwood and it occurred to me that they don't look that much different  See the Fitzroy commission flats in the back ground. Who would have ever thought they'd repeat the mistake and call it progress? See the new ones being built in the foreground. (Yes, I know, it is a bit hard to make out, but trust me the new version in Collingwood is going to be just as ugly)

This whole area of Collingwood should be evolved into a fabulous warehouse precinct, it shouldn't have ugly high rise blocks of flats built on it. The historic nature of the area should be preserved. We shouldn't lose it to property developers lining their own pockets with money at the expense of everybody else. Old buildings should be evolved and not obliterated by greed.

No comments: