Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Under the Knife

Tum di dah, the rain comes down at the end of the day, quite heavily. I had to drive Mark to the airport as he headed home today. It was as if the rain held off until the whiny northern NSW'er headed home, so we didn't have to listen to how cold it is down here.

I had my squamous cell carcinoma cut out at 2pm. It took longer than I thought it would, he seemed to be cutting for much longer than I thought he would. Tugging, pulling, wrenching, actually, there was very little of that. I could work out what he was doing with the movement of his hands, however. The stitching was easy to pick.

Now I have an Elastoplast starting at the corner of my eyebrow going diagonally up over my forehead. It feels kind of strange, like I have lost the movement in my right eyebrow. This is how people who have had Botox must feel.

Then I drove home. When I'd got home the whole thing, including driving time, took just 1 1/2 hours. Pretty good, I reckon.

No comments: