Monday, May 18, 2015

Throw Open The Windows

I've just been for an hour's walk. I start off with opera that slowly turns to garage. It is a gorgeous day. I walk back in the door to Passion, Gat Decor.

Sam doesn’t really like me/us (Sam, despite all of his objections to buying a stash, he still has not turned one j down) smoking around Buddy. Buddy doesn’t like us burning our “Joss Sticks.” The sun is coming in through the window. Buddy is laying in the sun on the carpet next to us. Sam and I share a j, as reward for getting all of our house hold chores done, and exercise complete. We blow the smoke out into the sun streaming in through the window. I think seeing smoke I had just exhaled into the bright sun light and watching all of the patterns form and then disperse, was one of the things that attracted me to smoking in the first place. We can see the cloud slowly engulf Buddy. He rolls his head over his shoulder to look at us, in typical old man bulldog fashion. “Hey, I’m choking over here!” Then he gets up with a harrumph! Coughs. He turns around slowly and sits looking at us with his back in the sun. He coughs again. “How long are you two going to be smoking those things?” (I swear he looked from my eyes to my hand) Cough. Cough.

I open the window after that. The smoke swirls around in the streaming sun up high, it doesn't get a chance to fall to the floor any longer. Everybody is happy.


The sun is shining, the sky is blue. It is a sparkling day, the colours are so vivid and bright. The light glistens in the air.

No comments: