Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Spending the Day Writing

I think I have poemitis. I just don't seem to be able to stop writing poems, not that I am resisting. I'm writing them every day, they just seem to be coming to me. It is kind of nice, I'm not complaining.

Sam is going for job interviews every day, and I am writing verse.

It's what I started out writing, poems, when I first started writing, as a teenager, at school. I guess lots of people do. I seem to have returned to it, I'm not really sure why. They are easy and precise and uncomplicated. Why now? I don't know? It must be a planetary thing. Ha ha.

I actively tried to stop writing poetry, as I didn't reckon you can make anything out of it. I wanted to write fiction, instead. Maybe they have backed up in me like... oh, I don't want to say shit, but it is the only thing that comes to mind. 

I'm putting them all on my poetry blog. I just have to make them good now, hey?

Buddy just climbed into my lap. I sit cross-legged on the floor at my low coffee table and write on my laptop. Buddy climbs into my lap and sits in my lap. It is hard to type with a 25 kilo bulldog resting his head on one of my arms. I can continue on now with him resting his head like that, I've got used to it.

Sam went for a job interviews today. He's got interviews all week.

I went for a walk for an hour. Head phones on. It was nice, kind of cool, an easy walk. My leg didn't hurt, 2 days bike riding, seems to have fix my shin splint from jogging in the rain last week. Yay!

No comments: