Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Back to Work

Ah yeah, back to work. (Damn you tattsLotto!) yesterday, the second week of what should have been my 5th week of work. Oh, it was hard to get up in the cold, the central heating just doesn't kick in quick enough and the fire from the night before is black coals in the hearth, like what fills Tony Abbott's chest cavity.

It was the first day of winter and wasn't it cold. I don't usually feel the cold, so for me to say it is cold, you know that it is. I kiss Sam and Buddy and Milo, who are all snuggled up in the bed together, goodbye.

My 6 to 8 week assignment shrank on my first day. Apparently, this time around Kirin has a budget, which she is not allowed to go over. Not a big budget either, so it looks like I am not going to get my full allocation of weeks. It looks like the messing around of the last month has not stopped yet. Grrr!

Sam and I should have gone on that European holiday, we were supposed to be away now. Brrrrrr! We could have been in Spain. Oh well, back to work. Sad Face.

It is David's birthday today, I commiserated with him for being old and told him he should prepare for death. He replied, "Thanks for that."


You’re vile and a year older. Commiserations, I said.

You’re Peutrid!!! replied David

Did I tell that you are old and hideous? I said.

Yes, several times, said David

And that Lachlan is already looking for somebody younger, I said.

I know... said David

Soon you'll be alone, I said.

You say the loveliest things !!! said David. Lachlan was wonderful who taught me my hideous putrid abysmal side ... I said, YOU.... My greatest teacher....

Wondering... rather than wonderful, David quickly added.

Freudian, I replied



Milo comes and sits in my lap. He's been outside, he is cold, but he soon warms up as he starts to purr. In moments, he is like a hot water bottle in my lap.

Too soon I have to go and have a shower and leave the morning behind.

No comments: