Thursday, October 15, 2015

What A Lovely Morning

This morning it is gorgeous, warm like a summer breeze. i stood on my back veranda and felt the warm touch of 5am. It was a little barmy, a little wild, promising something more, that untamed heat one usually feels in an unfamilair city on an early morning when one's eyes are open to it for the first time.

I stood there in my t-shirt and felt my pours open and the goosebumps on my bare arms, it was through delight more so than climate, as I watered the garden early, before the sun came up. I've been falling asleep on the couch at night and forgetting to do it. Bring on the beautiful day, I thought. Let it all begin.

I've been falling asleep on the couch at night after dinner and I haven't been cleaning up the kitchen, after Sam has cooked, which is my job. The kitchen has two days of unwashed pots on the bench. Sam is poh-faced about it. I should have cleaned up instead of watering the garden, but the dishes aren't going to die from lack of water, now are they. Sam doesn't see it that way.

It was lovely walking to work in short sleeves, my skin bristles and I feel alive. Spring makes me feel alive. The down-jacket of winter has been thrown off and life shimmers with newness... every day.

No comments: