Sunday, December 18, 2016

Bad Back

I've hurt my back. I did it a few days ago, I don't know how I did it? It just started hurting. I've tried Panadol, I have tried Nuromol, I have tried Deep Heat, Tiger Balm, all of those stinky creams I usually so despise. I even bought my beloved Mersyndol, which worked the best, but didn't take the pain away completely. I say beloved, as I like them a lot, they make me feel really nice, giddy and lushy, when I used to take them. I used to take them for migraines, they'd take that head ache pain right away. That was until I realised that the more Mersyndol I took, the more migraines I got. I stopped taking the pills, worked my way through some of migraines without any drugs, not so easy, let me tell you, and the migraines started to subside. Although, to be fair, the doctor did say we tend to grow out of migraines as we get older. I don't get them any more. I haven't taken Mersyndol for 5 years. But I digress...

Sam has been great and has been massaging my back and that has helped. He even cupped me with jars, which felt really great. I don't really know why, it just did.

I sent Mark a message, he has always had back trouble, "I feel as thought my body is riddled with cancer and I am going to be dead soon. Do you think I am feeling sorry for myself?"

"Ha ha, welcome to my world," Mark replied. "Yes, you are feeling sorry for yourself."

I tell you what, after just a few days of back pain, if I had incurable,  chronic pain that was never going to get better, I'd be scoffing down that Nebutol in a flash, no one would tell me otherwise. I'd be out of here, no doubt about it. Three days and I haven't stopped whinging. "When is this ever going to stop?" I haven't felt like doing anything. Pain is debilitating. Writing seemed almost impossible when I couldn't sit for any length of time.

How dare anybody say that we can't have euthanasia laws. How dare anybody, religious types making themselves feel better about their own beliefs, whoever, say they know better than somebody going through constant pain. How dare they? What arrogance?

It is great that Daniel Andrew's has changed his mind, due to his father's own battle with cancer, good for him, about time. No disrespect meant, Dan the Man, but don't we deserve more intelligent, more wide thinking politicians than that? What? Until it effects them personally, it isn't real? Is that what politics is all about now a days?

The Federal, Turnbull Government is riddled with right wing Christians, so that is their excuse. The religious views of a few people are affecting the rights of the majority. That is why we don't have the decent euthanasia laws that the majority of Australian's want.

No comments: