Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Doing Nothing

We've really been doing nothing at all. Sam has been giving me looks like I am the worst person, as he believes I am the main instigator of the nothingness. Moi? Okay, maybe it is me, the laziest bastard in the world. Well, it’s ‘olidays in the middle of a pandemic, idn’t it.

The rain storms never eventuated. Damaging rainstorms for 3 days, said the news weather reporter breathlessly, barely able to hide her WAP orgasmic-ratings-boost at the thought. Nah. Didn't happen. It didn’t even drizzle.

It is true, the less you do, the less you want to do. I got a complete attack of the lazies in the afternoon when Sam wanted to take the dogs for a walk.

"I'm just not feeling it," I said.

I get the you-are-the-worst-person-in-the-world look again. He doesn't necessarily say much, but those eyes, he can't disguise those, apparently.

Sam took Bruno for a walk, with the parting words to Buddy, "If you want to know why you aren't coming too?" Sam looked at me, then looked back at Bud, and did an acknowledging head tilt and eyebrow raise. Buddy looked at me as though he understood. (Ha ha, fags and their dogs!)

Bulldogs really do need to go for a walk every day, for their mental health. People mistake their chilled demeanour for laziness, which isn't really the case at all.

Bud and I hung out on the couch watching the teev. 


No comments: