Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Shopping, Pork Rolls, and Pot Plants

We went out for lunch, but I got omicron-cold-feet at the crucial moment, much to Sam’s chagrin, and said I didn't want to stay out and eat indoors with the people. (Seriously, how many infections were there this week?)

(I’m wearing a mask when I’m out now)

So, we went shopping for groceries. And we bought pork rolls to take home.

As I am waiting out the front of the pork roll shop while Sam buys them, a chick is asking for change. 

“Do you have any change, please?” Sweet and breezy. “Do you have any change, please?”

It’s annoying if you are waiting nearby, the repeated request to everyone who passes by, but for her, her next meal may depend on it. So, I try not to be annoyed.

A middle aged man, who looked like he came from North Balwyn, snarkily tells the “you got any spare change” girl to get a job after she asks him for change. I felt my hackles rise and I nearly told him to give it a rest, but didn’t. And then I kicked myself for not telling him.

In the afternoon, I re-potted two of my larger pot plants, a Fiddle Leave Fig and an umbrella tree, into new 50 centimetre pots, which I risked Bunnings to get. Even I have to turn YouTube off occasionally.

I got up on the roof with my silicon gun and had a go at sealing the leaking roof, which I have just been staring at when it has rained lately, seemingly, incapable of thinking of it unless it was raining. So, yay me. No rain forecast for 24 hours, but then a lot of it was predicted. So, yay me again.


No comments: