Sunday, January 23, 2022

Inside In The Cool

It was hot. It has been hot for days. It is going to be hot for days yet.

We took the dogs walking early. We ate breakfast out at 8am, sitting outside at a cafe with a cool morning breeze. There was an Oodle at one table, a Beagle at another table and the bulldogs. They all lay sprawled across the ground gazing at each other, tongues out.

I ate Eggs Benedict, Sam ate an assortment of field mushrooms on rye. He always wants to eat half/half as he puts it, but I am not really a good food sharer. I insisted I didn't want to share, this morning, I was loving my eggs. Sam always looks at me like I am impossible when I want to eat my own breakfast.

Then we stayed inside and watched movies with the aircon on for the rest of the day. What else is there to do on a hot day? And the bulldogs were happy, they are not so happy in the heat.

Oh, I know, we complain when it is cold - not me - we complain when it is hot. Not that I am complaining, but it has been weirdly hot, with no respite, just lately. We normally only use our aircon only for a few days during summer, usually at night to sleep - actively trying to contain how many days we use it for environmental reasons, and I think it can become addictive. And, I think it is good to feel changes in temperature - but we've had it on nonstop this last week, or so.

I guess, in what some people may view as contradictory - but then again as humans we are contradictory - I'm loving this weather. It is nice being home in t-shirt and shorts and bare feet for days on end.

We ate Chicken Teriyaki for lunch and Laksa for dinner. And the iced water was kept on repeat. Ice transforms water in summer, don't you think?

We watched Trainspotting.

We watched Erin Brokovitch because David said it was his all time favourite movie, which made me curious. I've seen it before. Hmm. I liked it, sure. Favourite all time movie? Nyr.

We watched Duel, Steven Spielberg's first movie.

We watched The ReWrite, Hugh Grant escapism. Not really one of his best.

We watched Mash.

We watched the new season of Ozark.

And then that was pretty much the weekend done, and it is back to the salt mines tomorrow, oh so quickly.


No comments: