Sunday, January 09, 2022

I'm Not Laughing

Sam said I had to help him hose the back yard, as it smelt like piss as he sat out on the veranda on the wicker chairs. (Now that Buddy is old with a dodgy knee, he isn’t so diligent about going up the stairs to the back part of the garden to his usual pissoir)

I wasn’t keen, I was lying on the couch, what can I say? “Just hose it.”

“You need to hose while I scrub with the broom.”

“Nah.”

“Come on,” he said. “Help me.”

“Nah,” I said. “It doesn’t need two people.”

“Come on.”

“Nah,” I said. “I’m comfortable.”

“Come on, help me,” he said. “It won’t take long.”

“Do you mean you just want me to hold the hose?”

“Yes.”

“Oh okay,” I said. I sooooo didn’t want to.

He got the broom and I got the hose. He instructed me how to use the hose. (how to use a hose? ðŸ˜•) He swept.

The hose reel, windy thingy, was facing the wrong way and I couldn’t pull the hose out, so I turned to adjust the direction of the reelly wheels, it took me a couple of seconds, and when I turned back Sam was standing as stiff as a board dripping with water.

I hadn’t watched where I was pointing the hose. “Oops.”

“Do not laugh,” he said.


No comments: