Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Work Is A Shit Show

Work has turned into a shit show. I don’t know why? It’s been for the last month, or so. The Xmas break and our company shut down always makes life a little difficult, but only in the margins, it isn’t usually impossible like it has been feeling. January is always the problem month, but not usually like this, not usually this difficult. I really don’t know what has gone wrong.

Sure, we have had an application failure, which the provider company is still scrambling to rectify.

And yes, we have had multiple employees come down with Covid over the break, so I have had to fix all of that… by fucking default. Oh yes, me. (Lips of string) HR has so thoroughly failed at enforcing – I’d call it a basic lack of training, and an abdication of the basic HR function – company authorisers of leave, despite many attempts by the execs to fix the problem, that the CFO put me in charge of authorising the whole companies unauthorised leave – because of the affect accrued leave has on the figures it becomes a critical profit contributor – yes, me. So yeah, way to go HR. thumbs up emoji.

I had so much work to get through and in a reduced time frame due to the Invasion Day holiday… and boy didn’t I whine in Sam’s ear. He said they were bleeding constantly. As it turned out, I got everything done well within the time frame I had. I had time to spare come 3pm Tuesday. So, is it me, I am left to wonder? Maybe it is me? Maybe, I have turned into a whiney little bitch and I just don’t know it?

(I put the question to Sam and he responded yes without a moments hesitation)[Ah, fuck him]

Maybe, I have become allergic? Corporate intolerant? Bullshit sensitive? I don't know what it is.

Anyway, it is nice to have a day off, says the boy who only works 3 days per week. I know. What is he like?


No comments: