Friday, May 27, 2022

Wasting My Day Off, Some Might Say

Oh, I went out just for a sniff about, just in case there were any classic movie DVD gems to be had. Oh, what else should I be doing on my day off? (All that house maintenance that I never get to. Oh, bored already) Oh, yes, I know, how many movies are too many, when all is said and done, but fuck it, what the hell.

My movie collection just keeps growing and growing. (I hear Bubble saying that) It is mostly classic movies, as the modern ones I can stream pretty easily. 

I picked up the following DVDs for $2.

Memphis Belle (1990), I loved it when I saw I first saw it years ago. I think it was all the handsome air force types. The heroes. All those blokes, as my mate Jules would say.

Point Break (1991), I liked it first time I saw it. (And now I realise it is a Kathryn Bigelow movie) Keanu and Patrick in skin tight wet suites, what’s not to like? Keanu was so baby faced. (I was never all that attracted to Patrick Swazey but I’d lick [this era’s] Keanu Reeves’ snatch in a heartbeat)

Doctor At Sea (1955), Just because Dirk Bogarde is reputedly so handsome. I remember reading about him recently when there was a movie retrospective, or some such thing. Okay, so this may not be the finest example of his artistry, but what the fuck.

Laurel Canyon (2002), I love it when I saw it the first time years ago. It was stylish and Christian Bale was handsome. (It was the only one that didn’t work? Nyr? Imagine how you’ll be feeling when you are worth two bucks)

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011) which is finally a different release to the three I have already bought which didn’t work Cross your fingers, that this one works.

Gypsy (1993), because it is Bette Midler and I like to collect Bette Midler movies.

I collect Bette Davis, Bette Midler, Hugh Grant, Paul Newman, Katherine Hepburn, Meryl Streep, Jack Nicolson and Maggie Smith movies. And I have collected a few Marlon Brando movies.

The Lion in Winter (1968), because it is Katherine Hepburn. And I have never seen it.

Bonnie & Clyde (1967), just because it is a classic which I have never seen. And because Warren Beatty was handsome and it was before Faye Dunaway fucked up her face with all that bad surgery.

Steptoe & Son season 01 & season 6. A little before my time, but certainly in reruns on TV when I was a kid.


No comments: