Friday, May 05, 2023

Doing A Re-Write

I've been back 10 years in my blog re-writing. Oh, I don't know why, sometimes it just takes me on a whim. 

Actually, that's a lie, I do know why, there is something I had been meaning to correct/change, and I am now getting to it - it was a name, I changed someone's name. And as that pertains to about 4 years of my blog, and as there is only one way to change it, individually, and one at a time, this is going to take a while. I am about half way through after a couple of days of intense, focussed work, so that is good.

Then I start to read what I have written, and then I get to re-writing and expanding passages. It is amazing what I remember once I start to read. And then it is taking twice as long as it should otherwise take, but, lets face it, all the brilliance of writing (oh, I don't really mean me, but in a general sense) is in the re-write, so I don't really care how long this takes.

I have a couple of days off, which is just the right time to fritter the hours away on historical writing. Ha ha. Don't you think? What better allocation of time can there be than rewriting passages that quite possibly no one will ever read?

And, you never know, someone might go back there and have a read, some day. It is possible. It's all good stuff. (I have to say that, you understand)

Anyway, while I am in the past, re-writing, I'm not writing anything in the present.

I'll get back to my usual transmission shortly. 😀


The sun is shining, I'm going to take Bruno for a walk just to clear my head. All that focussed concentration takes it out of one.


No comments: