Wednesday, May 17, 2023

It Is Just Painful

Under the category of you know what I hate, you know what I hate, you know what I hate.

OMG! I just called my financial company, I wanted to change a bank account. I was put on hold for some time, which I don't really mind, even if it is the company treating us as unimportant the longer we remain on hold, you know whatever.

The thing I really object to, is the incessant voice giving product information, pushing the company details, whatever it is yabbering on about. It never stops. The voice never stops, in fact, there even seems to be completely unrealistically short gaps between the speech. I guess generated voices don't need to take a breath, hey. (Oh, I guess its not computer generated, it is a recorded voice. I reckon they must condense it some how to shorten the gaps between the words. Is that I thing? I bet it is) I feel completely drained by the time I get to speak to someone. 

It stops me calling. I think twice before I call my doctor, as the clinic does the same thing.

It really is draining.

I feel completely annihilated by the time it is over. It is cruel. It is the equivalent of water torture (from someone who has never been tortured). And you know you can't say anything, as the people on the other end of the line are such snowflakes now a days that they treat any sort of feed back like that as abuse.

"Wow, that hold voice is really annoying."

"Don't be abusive." Click. Nothing.

And I'd have to call back all over again.

Really, the banks are making such huge profits now a days they could afford to employee a few more people in the call centres in Mumbai, they really could.

And you know what the very worst aspect of it is, it makes me go wah wah wah wah, almost as badly as Prince Harry.


No comments: