Friday, May 26, 2023

I Dreamed

I dreamed I was at a family party, get together, it was a party that was attended by cousin Cyd and some of my other cousins [I have lovely cousins] indoors and the aunties and uncles were outside, you know, around BBQ.

I took my bread board with a mountain of my rolling tobacco on it so I could roll cigarettes. 

I think I was rolling a cigarette while talking to dad at one stage, my dead father. 

Cyd pointed out that the board had buds of marijuana on it amongst the tobacco. Chunks. She laughed.

“Oh yes, I should have cleaned that before I came,” I said And I took the board and walked off into the dark rooms of the house to put it out of sight.

Then I was leaving and going home by tram. 

Suddenly, I was at the top of Burke Road [where I grew up] at the tram stop on the west side of Burke Road. I was watching the south side of the road for a trams as that was the direction I wanted to go.

Then I was on the south side of Burke Road waiting at the tram stop with a group of old ladies. I was discussing the price of the houses over the road with one of the women and she was saying which house you could get for 800 thousand. There were some smaller houses and some bigger houses and I was saying you could only get the smaller houses for that price. 

There were terrace houses but they were all set on there own sort of parkland, dotted about, on Burke Road. But there were some mansions as well.

“You could get that one, but you wouldn’t get that one for 800 thousand.” I pointed to different houses.

Then I was in the back of the car with the old women and we were driving down Burke Road and I said, “I don’t even remember getting in this car?”

“Can I drop you somewhere?” said the driver.

“The street after next is where I [use to] live, you can drop me there.”

But she drives right passed [name of street I grew up on] Road and drops me half way to Toorak Road. There is a service road and she swings into that and drops me off.

I get out of the car and I notice that the back mudguard of her 1963 Vauxhall Victor, the one with the round boot, and some of the back of the car is missing as they drive away.

I start walking back up Burke Road to [name of street I grew up on] Road, and I see my sister and brother in law in a booth, that looked like an old crane operating cabin on the side of the road and I go in. (This is despite My sister being at the family party earlier)

My sister asks me what I am doing there.

I tell her about the old lady dropping me off way passed [name of street I grew up on] Road.

“What are you doing here,” I ask.

“Oh, you know that movie/project we never made?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Well, we are starting to make it. The film.” (My sister doesn’t make films)

I left them and I keep walking up Burke Road and I realise I had lost my phone.

“Oh damn,” I yell out.

There are some people just there having a picnic.

The father of the family of the picnic asks me what is wrong. (He was a Kochie type but with red hair)

“I think I have lost my phone.”

“Where were you?” he asks.

“I was just up on the seat at the tram stop at the top of the Burke Road hill, and I am sure I put it down on the seat next to me.”

“Do you mind,” says the husband of the family having the picnic. I start to tell them about the old women giving me a lift… “If I drive you up the road to look for it,” the father of the family of the picnic says.

“Oh yes, that would be great,” I say.

“It was only moments a go, I am hearing,” says the father of the family of the picnic says.

“Yes, yes, just moments ago.”

“Let’s go,” he says.

We walk to his car and now the properties on Burke Road are all parkland, and [name of street I grew up on] Road runs along where the parkland stops.

“I know I seem fine now, but I was anything but sober last night,” I say. I am now carrying stuff, like folders, or some books in my hand.

He says something about it being a party.

Then I realise I have left my chopping board with the marijuana behind too and I think I will have to drive after all to get the board and my marijuana and I am thinking of how to contact my cousin Cyd so I can get let into the house from last night.


No comments: