Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Spring Time

What a gorgeous day it is. It is just sparkling with sunny blue skies, and a bit of a breeze. You've just got to love spring now don't you when the world seems to wake up again and come alive. The air feels fresh and light. The magpies sing their mellifluous song. 

It's glorious, it can't help but make you happy. I know it makes me happy.


Bruno is in the lounge room stretched out in the sunshine shining in the lounge room window. Bulldogs love to sun bake.

Then Bruno scratches on the back door, and he heads out onto the back veranda where he raises his face to the sky and he looks as though he is in very deep contemplation. He can either smell something, or hear something, I presume. He stands for extended lengths of time with his (adorable) face raised up slightly and stretched out, as though he is a philosopher, philosophising on life, deep in contemplation.

Then he heads back inside and lies back in some sunny spot, or hops on the couch and closes his eyes as though he has dealt with all the troubles of the world, well, his world.


By late morning, I'd done all of my work that I had to do thus far, and the way things have been going over the last few weeks I am unlikely to get a whole lot more work to do, so I moved myself, and my laptop, into the kitchen where the sun is shining in onto the floor, standing with my be-socked feet in the sunshine pooling on the floor. And it warmed the whole of my body, beautifully, like standing in warm honey, without the stickiness, of course.


No comments: