Tuesday, October 06, 2026

Home Along Getting Asked Difficult Questions




It was Sam's day in the office.

Charlie left the house early.

Matt left not long after Charlie.

So, it was just me and Otto all day. He slept on the couch next to me in the study.

I worked steadily all day.

I quite like being home on my own, I find it very satisfying. The silence, it is comforting in a strange kind of way.

Of course I went to the bakery and got a muffin mid morning.

I ate smoked salmon on English Muffins for lunch. So, Otto wasn't my only English muffin for the day.

3pm. I thought fuck work, and I took Otto for a walk. It's nice walking my dog, just me and him.

Jill and I have been playing phone tag for weeks, so I give her a call, but no answer. She keeps calling me when I don't want to talk, clearly I am doing the same thing.


David called and asked, "if licking my arse was the only way to save my life, would you do it?"

No. You'd die.

You wouldn't even consider it.

No.

Well, I see.

Why are you thinking this?

Oh, you know, some days I just get to thinking about things.

You have too much time on your hands, my friend.

Quite possibly.

We both laughed.


No comments: