Friday, June 06, 2008

Charlie

In true Oprah fashion, I decided that Charlie just wasn't into me. I've made several suggestions to go out and have a drink, or get together on the weekend and he has just laughed, or not answered. So, I decided that I was mistaken about any attraction there and I decided to stop trying. Even though he always seems to want to hang with me at work functions and the like.

Whatever Charlie, I thought today.

Tonight, we had drinks for our financial director who is moving interstate. Charlie came to my office and said, Time for drinks, are you coming?

Yeah, sure, I said.

But when I wandered around to drinks, I hung out with two of the IT guys. Cute Daniel and serious Pete. Daniel's gorgeous - dark curly hair and green eyes.

I notice, after a little while, that Charlie was standing on his own, a lot of the time, where normally, I'd be hanging with him. I felt a little bad, but... oh, I don't know. I guess I must like him. I guess it is a defence mechanism. But, I didn't go over when he was on his own.

When he went to leave, he made a point of coming over and saying good bye. Giving me his cute smile and interested eyes, the way his does.

Maybe, he's got a boyfriend he's not talking about - neither of us have specifically said we're gay to each other, although everyone in the office knows I'm gay. I don't think he has told anyone he is gay. Tonight he said he wasn't the marrying kind, as he looked over at me, after Bec asked him a question about marriage.

Have a good weekend, he said.

Yeah, you too, I said.

Then he looked a little awkward, as if he was waiting for me to say something else. But, I didn't.

 

No comments: